Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Books/Rambling

So, I am a big reader. I love losing myself throughout the pages of a good book. I think, that half of my imagination wouldn't be as creative without books. When I was younger, (maybe about in 4th grade, 10 or 11 years old) and I would sit down with my mom and we would read Harry Potter together and that would be our bonding time!

So that brings me to another point. I am totally a die-hard Harry Potter fan :) I read the books religiously and watch the movies over and over. You would call it an obsession, I would call it merely a big fantasy. When I was younger, I was disappointed when I didn't get my Hogwarts letter. Yes, of course I know wizardry and that kind of magic is not real, but I can dream!!! For the last movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I dressed up with my friends. I was a student from the Slytheryn house and my outfit consisted of my green and white skirt (from my school uniform) a collared white shirt, a silver and dark green tie, and dramatic makeup. Yes, it was a crazy idea, but Harry Potter was really a big part of my life. The books made me want to read more books, and probably, maybe I am going a little too far saying this, but I probably wouldn't have liked reading as much without Harry Potter :) Yeah that sounds crazy. But that is me. A little crazy :)

But ANYWAY! I get off topic a lot :) So, I love to read. That is my story :) but here are some of my absolute favorite books:

1. Harry Potter; J.K. Rowling (obviously! the whole series is amazing)
2. The Help; Katheryn Stockett (I recently read this book during the summer and it is so inspiring! And I cannot wait to see the movie!)
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns; Khaled Hosseini (This book was sooooooo good! If you haven't read it, go now to the bookstore!) 
4. Jane Eyre; Charlotte Brontë (I read this for school and I thought it was such a great book; nothing like a great romance book)
5. Before I Go To Sleep; S J Watson (So, this book was recommended in the newspaper and I thought it sounded a lot like the movie 50 First Dates, which it was kind of a twist of that movie, and I read the book and it was really great! I could not put the book down after I started, it really grabbed your attention! I don't think it is a really famous book like the others I have mentioned, but it is definitely worth it!)
6. Speak; Laurie Halse Anderson (This book was SO GOOD! Yeah, it is kind of in the genre of younger teenagers and kids but I think it is still a classic; I also love the author, Laurie Halse Anderson, and I have pretty much read all of her books so reading this one was a given!)
7.  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time; Mark Haddon (This book was an easy, light read but I thought it still had a great plot line)


So, those are a few of my favorite books, because if I were to list all of them, this page would never end. I think most of these books, not all, but most are for young ages, but I still have a lot more time to broaden my taste in books. Here are some books I am planning on reading! Tell me what you think, whoever you are :) and maybe I will do some reviews on them!


1. The Kite Runner; Khaled Hosseini (So, I think A Thousand Splendid Suns was the sequel to this book, but I didn't know that until a couple months ago so I just bought it from Borders! There was a crazy sale at borders because my borders near me is closing!!)
2. The Secret Bride; Diane Haeger (This is about the youngest sister of Henry the VIII and I thought it would be an interesting book to read and I am really excited to read it!)
3. Lipstick in Afghanistan; Roberta Gately (This is about a young girl who lives in Afghanistan who wants to be a nurse and takes part in helping the soldiers in the war. I am really excited to read this!)
4. Three Cups of Tea; Greg Mortenson (This is about a mountain-climber transitioning to a compassionate man who tries to reduce poverty and promoting education for girls. I think this takes place in Afghanistan or Pakistan, I am not sure, but once I read it, I will tell you!)


And that is pretty much what is on my reading schedule for the rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment