Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wake me up when September starts!

So, I am going to start school soon and I am very excited! I start at the end of August, close to when September starts. I have orientation on the 25 and then my first week ends on the 2nd of September! I am going to be a sophomore in high school! OH YEAH! I am not gonna be a freshman anymore. That is going to feel really great because I won't be the low man on the totem pole!
So, for the rest of my summer I am going to just embrace the moment and enjoy it while it lasts. I recently started playing the piano, I took piano lessons when I was in fourth grade but then I stopped because I took up guitar and I recently had the inspiration to do both! Every year, I have a Christmas recital and I ALWAYS MESS UP! No matter how much I practice! No matter how easy the song, nerves always always come to me. I shake naturally, but add my nervousness, well I am like a human earthquake! And, so one year I messed up really badly playing Greensleeves on the guitar (finger picking) and I was really upset and then a boy my age started playing the guitar and singing. It was beautiful! He played the guitar and when he was all finished, he moved to the piano! And I thought that was so cool! So, he was my inspiration. So, I recently, like a couple weeks ago, started piano, and I know how to play Heart and Soul by myself, Bad Day by Daniel Powter, and Wake Me Up When September Ends! I JUST finished learning that. Like a couple days ago! I LOVE LOVE LOVE GREENDAY! I went to their concert and oh my goodness by the end of the night my voice was lost because I WAS SCREAMING THE WHOLE TIME! So awesome! But anyway, I know mostly all there songs on guitar and now I am learning them on piano! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment